Elizabeth Taveras is an associate attorney for The Morgan Law Group, P.A. Prior to becoming an attorney, Ms. Taveras was a law clerk for the firm and gained significant civil litigation experience while in this position.
Ms. Taveras was born in New York and was raised in Palm Beach County, FL. She earned her Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy from Florida International University and earned her Juris Doctor from Florida International University College of Law.
While in law school, Ms. Taveras was a member of the Dean’s List and the Negotiation & Mediation Team. She gained her spot on the team by earning 2nd place negotiator in The 14th Annual Intramural Negotiation Competition. After that, she spent one year competing on the team and one year coaching and training new members.
Ms. Taveras was also involved in FIU College of Law’s Business Innovation and Technology Clinic, where she oversaw and managed a variety of cases.
Specifically, she helped clients who sought contracts, Trademark applications, Office Action responses and business incorporation documents. She also assisted in the creation of non-profit organizations and drafting two patent applications.
Areas of Practice
- Property Insurance Claims – Residential & Commercial
- Contract Litigation
- Civil Litigation
- The Florida Bar
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- American Bar Association
- Florida Bar – Young Lawyers Division
- Florida International University College of Law: Received JD in 2019
- Florida International University: Bachelor of Arts 2016
- University of Seville, Spain