Hermis D. Bofill
Hermis D. Bofill is a Senior Associate Attorney at The Morgan Law Group. She focuses her practice in the areas of community association law, personal injury, landlord tenant law and civil litigation, including commercial and residential property insurance claims.
She primarily litigates claims when insurance companies unfairly deny or underpay claims and regularly effectively recovers the wrongfully withheld funds on behalf of her clients. She also has expansive experience advocating for insureds in instances when the insurance companies engage in bad faith actions to the detriment of the insureds.
At Mrs. Bofill’s previous firm, she resolved hundreds of residential and commercial insurance claims and has recovered millions of dollars for insureds. Her years of experience in the field of property and casualty insurance litigation and pre-suit adjusting of claims equipped her to lead her prior firm’s Property Insurance Litigation Department.
Mrs. Bofill has been a member of the Florida Association of Public Insurance Adjusters for numerous years and has had the distinct honor of presenting at various conventions on the many aspects of claims handling.
In addition, Mrs. Bofill gained valuable experience in the courtroom as she had the privilege to intern for County Judge Sheldon Schwartz. She also served as a Certified Legal Intern for the Appellate Division of the Public Defender’s Office and had the opportunity to present oral arguments before Florida’s Third District Court of Appeal.
Mrs. Bofill attended St. Thomas University School of Law. While in law school, she was on the executive committee of the Cuban American Student Bar Association and of the Moot Court Team wherein she competed nationally. She was recognized by St. Thomas University School of Law for dedicating substantial hours of pro bono work through the City Attorney for the City of Miami and Dade Legal Aid. Mrs. Bofill earned her Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice from Florida International University Honors College in June of 2011, where she graduated magna cum laude.
Areas of Practice:
- Property Insurance Claims – Residential & Commercial
- Personal Injury
- Landlord/Tenant Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Product Liability
- The Florida Bar
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Professional and Community Involvement:
- Florida Association of Public Insurance Adjusters (FAPIA)
- Technicalities and Insurance Case Law Outlook – FAPIA Spring Conference 2017, Key West, Florida
- Adjusting Condominium Claims – FAPIA Fall Conference 2017, 0rlando, Florida
- Inspecting X-Files: Closed File Review – FAPIA Fall Conference 2018, Orlando, Florida
- Condominiums, Co-Ops & HOAs: Definitions, Coverage and Differences – FAPIA Spring Conference 2019, Key West, Florida
- Commercial Insurance Claims – FAPIA Fall Conference 2019, Orlando, Florida
- St Thomas University School of Law, Juris Doctor
- Florida International University Honors College, Bachelor