The Morgan Law Group Is Here To Help Hurricane Ian Victims
The Morgan Law Group understands the destruction and devastation that Florida has just gone through as a result of Hurricane Ian. We are here for you every step of the way. Our team has put together a few tips for hurricane victims and commonly asked questions that policyholders may have during this difficult time.
Tips For Filing a Hurricane Ian Claim:
- Before you call your insurance company, call The Morgan Law Group. Our attorneys are experienced in insurance claims. We will prepare your claim to ensure the limits as outlined in your insurance policy are properly reflected in the submission, thus maximizing your coverage, creating fewer obstacles for you and giving the insurance company very little room to delay or deny the claim.
- Our team works with a network of professionals that can assist with making emergency cleanup or temporary repairs timely so the damage does not get worse.
- You should take photos and/or videos of your damage to your property, interior and exterior, along with any personal items after the hurricane and make notes – particularly if there is structural damage. Do not discard damaged items until an adjuster has inspected them.
- If you took photos prior to the storm, compare those to photos taken after the storm.
- Save all receipts for all immediate repairs made, incurred hotel or other housing, along with food or other expenses incurred due to evacuating your area.
- Keep a journal of every conversation with insurance representatives and others involved in your hurricane damage claim. Record the day and time of the conversation, the name of the person you spoke with, and make note of any monetary amounts mentioned. You should also be given a business card from any person that comes out as a representative of your insurance company.
Frequently Asked Questions For Florida Hurricane Ian Insurance Claims
Q: WILL MY INSURANCE DROP ME IF I CALL A LAWYER?
No. This is a common misconception that making a claim or hiring an attorney will cause you to lose coverage. You have every right to call a lawyer if you feel your claim is not being handled properly.
Q: WILL MY INSURANCE RAISE MY PREMIUMS IF I FILE A LAWSUIT?
Most premiums are raised annually with or without a claim or lawsuit being filed. You pay for insurance to protect you; and our lawyers are here to help enforce the protection you deserve.
Factors that generally cause an individual to have a significant change in premium different from the general public is the number of claims made in certain period of time (normally 3 years) and if those claims were for non standard type claims. A hurricane, tornado or other storm generally affect a large area and are due to Mother Nature; these a considered standard claims.
Q: HOW DO I GET THE MORGAN LAW GROUP TO HELP ME?
To get started with a Free Consultation. Simply contact our office for a quick review of your claim. Our intake department will schedule a call with one of our attorneys.
Please have the following items handy:
- Copy of Your Insurance Policy/Declaration Page
- Denial Letter (If Applicable)
- Correspondence With Your Insurance Carrier (If Any)
- Pictures/Estimates Of Your Damage
Q: HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO HIRE THE MORGAN LAW GROUP?
In most cases, we are a contingency-fee firm, which means, we get paid a percentage of the monetary amount our clients receive, when we win or settle their case. Majority of the time, our clients do not pay us hourly fees, and if we fail to win in their favor, they do not owe us anything.
Q: WHY SHOULD I CALL THE MORGAN LAW GROUP BEFORE FILING A CLAIM?
You should call The Morgan Law Group before you file a claim to ensure your claim is handled properly. Our attorneys are policy experts and we understand insurance companies. We will prepare your claim to ensure the coverage that is outlined in your insurance policy is reflected in the submission, creating fewer obstacles for you and giving the insurance company very little room to deny the claim.
We also have the resources and a network of professionals to assist with short-term repairs and locate temporary housing if needed for you and your family.
Q: WHAT IF I HAVE ALREADY HIRED A PUBLIC ADJUSTER?
If you have already hired a public adjuster, you can still hire The Morgan Law Group. Our team partners with various public adjusters, contractors and other restoration experts and work together to get your claim resolved quickly and efficiently as possible.
Q: WHAT IF I NEED IMMEDIATE REPAIRS?
If you need immediate repairs to your home or business, call The Morgan Law Group. We have a network of experts ready to assist you with your repairs and mitigation. Our team can also help locate temporary housing if needed.
Q: WHAT DOES MY FREE CONSULTATION INCLUDE?
Your free consultation includes a scheduled call with one of our attorneys to determine coverage by reviewing your policy limits and an overall discussion of your damage.
The Morgan Law group will then help you assess your damage, file your insurance claim, assist and/or coordinate with damage repairs and file any necessary litigation.